Tuesday, July 11, 2017


My grandma crocheted little delicate teacups to use as nut cups at my Dad & Mom's wedding.  I've had one siting on my desk for several years, wishing that I could make one as well.

I taught myself how to crochet about a year and a half ago.  Since learning the basics, I've been in search for a YouTube video or a pattern to use to try to make a crocheted teacup.

The pattern finally showed up yesterday!  It's not exactly the one my Grandma used (it called for the use of a glue gun to hook the handle, cup and saucer together - grandma did NOT use a glue gun on hers!).  But with some tweaks of my own, I figured out how to make it as one piece.

Here is a photo of the crocheted teacup that I made, next to the one that my grandma made.  What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment